Spicy Turkey Tacos
If you haven't tried cooking with ground turkey breast, give it a try. You can substitute
it for ground beef in most recipes. I have just started experimenting with various
recipes to see if turkey will taste as good. So far so good. Taco means "snack"
in Spanish, but they do seem to make a meal if you eat three tacos. To heat
the taco shell, heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black Tellicherry peppercorns
12 taco shells (One 4.6 ounce box)
Thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
Shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a 5-quart nonstick sauté pan, brown the turkey over medium heat.
2. Stir in chili powder, garlic salt and pepper.
3. Cook until turkey is completely cooked.
4. Spoon tablespoons of hot filling into warm taco shells.
5. Top with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa.
Hint: You can make a taco salad by using tortilla chips in
place of the taco shells. Top salad with guacamole.
Makes 12 Tacos to serve 4.
© www.SeasonedwithLove.com - A copyright recipe
We would love to have you print this recipe for your own use.