1 (3-4 pound) bottom round beef roast
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into fourths
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 onions, peeled and sliced
2 packets gravy mix or Lipton beef soup mix
2 cups water
1 teaspoon beef base
1 teaspoon Fleur de Sel or sea salt
˝ teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry peppercorns
4 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
4 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
1. In a 5-quart sauté pan, brown the beef on
all sides. When browned place in a
crock pot and surround with the potatoes, carrots and onions.
2. Sprinkle one packet gravy mix or soup over
the beef and vegetables.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the second
gravy mix or soup mix, water, beef
base, salt and pepper. Pour over meat and veggies.
4. Cover and cook in the crock-pot for 4-5 hours on High.
5. Remove roast and veggies and place on a
6. Make a gravy by blending the butter and flour together with a spatula.
Use a whisk to combine this mixture with the liquid in the crockpot.
Copyright Seasoned with love 2010