is a very popular Italian ice drink in the summer. It is usually crushed by hand
overseas or made in a machine at your local espresso bar. Enjoy one anytime when
you make the coffee ice cubes ahead of time. Simply add milk and blend.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup freshly ground Kahlúa vanilla crème coffee beans
3 cups water
1 cup fat-free milk
1. In a
1-quart glass measuring cup, mix the gelatin, 1/2 cup
water and the sugar.
2. Brew the ground coffee with the 3 cups water in a coffee
maker just as you would for regular coffee.
3. Stir the hot coffee into the dissolved gelatin.
4. Pour into 2 ice cube trays; freeze overnight or until frozen.
5. Process the frozen coffee cubes and milk in a blender for a
few seconds. You may need to stir occasionally while blender
is off. Cover and blend again. Add more milk if desired.
6. Divide the drink between 4 glasses and serve with straws.
Hint: May be topped with whipped cream and nutmeg.
Makes 4 servings