Champagne and Cherry
you don’t have any milk powder just use three cups of milk. If you are looking
for Fiori di Sicilia it can be purchased at www.KingArthurFlour.com.
3 hoagie rolls, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 cup dried cherries
½ cup champagne
¼ teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 large cage-free eggs
3 large cage-free egg yolks
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups water
1 cup milk powder
Apple pie spice
¼ cup organic butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Place the sliced hoagie rolls in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
3. In a small bowl, mix the cherries, champagne, Fiori di Sicilia and vanilla.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg
sugar, water and milk powder.
5. Toss the bread with the cherry mixture and then pour the egg mixture
6. Sprinkle apple pie spice and cinnamon sugar over the bread mixture
drizzle with melted butter.
7. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.